The fetal medicine provides a wide range of prenatal screening, diagnostic, therapeutic and counseling services, to pregnant women in Hong Kong and oversea, as either public and private patients.
- First trimester Combined Down syndrome screening using Nuchal translucency and biochemical markers (OSCAR)
- First trimester Preeclampsia Screening
- Second trimester biochemical Down Syndrome Screening
- Non-invasive prenatal testing of Down syndrome using circulating cell free fetal DNA (NIPT)
- Second trimester Fetal morphological scan
- Fragile X-screening
Prenatal Diagnostic procedures
Fetal genetic diagnosis
- Fetoscopic laser for twin-twin transfusion syndrome
- Selective fetocide for complicated twin pregnancies
- Shunting / pleurodesis for fetal pleural effusion
- Other therapy such as fetoscopic endotracheal balloon occlusion
- Explanation and discussion with parents for abnormal or complicated genetic test results, with guidance on the future investigation and management
Preterm Prevention Clinic
The Preterm Prevention Clinic (PREM clinic) is the first in Hong Kong that is designed specifically for pregnant women at high risk of second trimester miscarriage or preterm labour, including women with short cervix or a history of cervical insufficiency. The doctor in charge is Dr Annie Hui and her team. We will closely monitor the women and provide appropriate treatment to try to reduce the risk of preterm labour. We also provide counselling for women before conception or after delivery on how to manage a future pregnancy. The PREM Clinic runs every Friday morning in the LKS Out-patient clinic, Prince of Wales Hospital.