Conditions We Treat
Our Gyneacologic Oncology Center has high level of experience and provides advance innovative treatment options for all gynaecological cancers. The medical care includes close collaboration of gyneacological oncologists, clinical oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, surgeons, nurse specialists, psychological therapist, dietician and physiotherapists. The multidisciplinary care approach allows our center to provide comprehensive and individualized cancer treatment including surgery, chemotherapy or radiation, and also the emotional and lifestyle needs that accompany cancer. The cancers we treat include:
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulval cancer
- Gestational trophoblastic disease
- Pre-invasive disease of lower genital tract
Treatment We Provide
Our surgeons offer cutting-edge surgeries, which some are pioneers in the region and may not be available in other centers. Patients cared for by gyneacologic oncologists have better survival rates than those not treated by a cancer specialist. Our innovative surgeries include minimally invasive approach which can decrease scar and pain, techniques that can preserve organ function and sexual function and fertility-sparing surgeries Depending on the type of cancer, the state-of-the-art surgeries we provide include:
- Ultra-radical surgeries including anterior/ posterior/ total exenteration
- Laparoscopic and robotic radical hysterectomy
- Fertility sparing surgeries such as robotic radical trachelectomy
- Radical vulvectomy and reconstructive surgeries
- Laparoscopic or robotic intra-peritoneal para-aortic and pelvic lymph node dissection
- Sentinel lymph node mapping for endometrial cancer
- Minimally invasive surgeries
- Traditional open surgeries, debulking surgeries
- Hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapy
- Perineal surgeries
Our Treatment Approach
Formulating Treatment Plan
- Accurate diagnosis is the key for appropriate treatment. Our medical team is supported by dedicated gyneacological pathologist service that identifies different forms of gyneacological cancer. All cases are discussed in regular multidisciplinary and slide review meetings with expert pathologist, clinical oncologists and nurse specialists to ascertain the diagnosis and treatment approach. We work in partnership with the women to evaluate all treatment options, formulating the most effective individualized treatment plan after consideration of the general health, goals and expectations of the women.
- Our medical care team includes gyneacological oncologists, nurse specialists, psychological therapist, dietician and physiotherapists. Together, we provide cancer surgery as well as delivering post-treatment care for women depending on her needs. We work in close collabotation with clinical oncologists whom provide chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- All our patients are supported by our gyneacological oncologists, nurse specialists, psychological therapist, dietician and physiotherapists in their recovery. We have dedicated teams to reduce pain, care for stoma and wound, reduce lymphedema and support nutrition of women.
Follow Up and Surveillance
- All our patients are followed up in our specialized oncology clinic run by our gynaecology oncologists for disease surveillance. Depending on the type of cancer, appropriate investigations to aid monitoring of disease or investigation of symptoms including tumor markers, Pap smears and imaging services are provided.