- Established in 1984, the Gynaecology Oncology Center of the Prince of Wales Hospital has since endeavored to prevent and treat gynaecological cancers. We provide comprehensive cancer care services and advanced gynaecologic-oncology surgeries including robotic surgery.
- The centre is a tertiary referral centre located in the New Territories East of Hong Kong and serves a population of 1.4 million.
- It is accredited as a training center for gynaecologic oncology subspecialty training by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) as well as by The Hong Kong College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (HKCOG).
- It offers training to local and overseas doctors through exchange programmes, workshops, courses and conferences.
- It is a teaching unit of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- It is a research centre and has published extensively in international journals.
Established in 1988, the Gynaecological Cancer Research Laboratory conducts research mainly in areas including the study of oncogenes, tumour suppressor genes, and tumour markers in gynaecological cancers. The laboratory collaborates extensively with universities in the USA, Australia and Mainland China in these research fields.