- To provide participants with the principles and current practices of Genetic Counselling.
- To equip students with practical knowledge in providing care for obstetric, paediatric and adult patients with genomic, biochemical and developmental diseases and up-to-date laboratory screening methods.
- To serve as a preparatory course for further postgraduate studies in Medical Genetics.
Expected Learning Outcomes
After the completion of programme, students are able to:
- Acquire up-to-date knowledge on medical genetics;
- Become competent in the counselling and management of patients and families at risk of genetic disorders;
- Understand the molecular mechanisms involved in genetic disease and apply the knowledge to explain the genetic basis of diseases;
- Understand the theories of molecular genetic methodology and formulate strategies for the identification of disease causing genes.