The M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes are both research oriented (75% of course units). 25% of the course units are allocated to guided studies. Please refer to the student handbook for the details.
2-year Full-time M.Phil. programme
- 1st year: MEDP6002 Medical Biostatistics, OBGY5110 Guided Studies, OBGY8512 Research, OBGY8514 Research, MEDP6003 Medical Biostatistics, OBGY5130 Seminar, OBGY8514 Research (14 units)
- 2nd year: OBGY5110 Guided Studies, OBGY8514 Research, OBGY5130 Seminar, OBGY8512 Research (12 Units)
3-year Full-time Ph.D. programme
- 1st year: MEDP6002 Medical Biostatistics, OBGY7110 Guided Studies, OBGY8712 Research, MEDP6003 Medical Biostatistics, OBGY7110 Guided Studies, OBGY7140 Seminar, OGBY8715 Research (14 Units)
- 2nd year: OBGY7110 Guided Studies, OBGY8715 Research, OBGY8722 Research (12 Units)
- 3rd year: OBGY8723 Research, OBGY7140 Seminar and OBGY8715 Research (12 Units)
4-year Full-time Ph.D. programme (without a Research Master degree)
- 1st year: MEDP6002 Medical Biostatistics, OBGY6110 Guided Studies, OBGY8612 Research, MEDP6003 Medical Biostatistics, OBGY6110 Guided Studies, OBGY6140 Seminar, OGBY8615 Research (14 Units)
- 2nd year: OBGY6110 Guided Studies, OBGY8615 Research, OBGY8622 Research (12 Units)
- 3rd year: OBGY6110 Guided Studies, OBGY8615 Research, OBGY8622 Research (12 Units)
- 4th year: OBGY8623 Research, OBGY6140 Seminar, OBGY8615 Research (Units)
Elective courses offered by university:
- Intellectual Property, Laboratory Safety Statistics, Information Searching/Library Skills, Computer Skills, Thesis Writing, Research Ethics, Research Methods, Presentation Skills, and Teaching & Learning where appropriate.
- Sharing research postgraduate courses amongst 8 UGC-funded universities (CityU, CUHK, HKBU, HKIEd, HKU, HKUST, LU and PolyU) are available from Graduate School as well.
- We welcome professionals with strong research interest in O&G to apply our part-time Ph.D. programme. Please contact us for the details.
English will be the major teaching language and the theses must be written in English.