Interim Course Assessment
Students’ advancement to following year of the study will be based on satisfactory performance in:
- Active participation of regular seminar and research meeting within and outside the department;
- Formal presentation of their literature search and proposed research methodology to members of the Department;
- Review of the progress in research to date by the Division Head and the individual supervisor;
- Attend requisite courses in research design, statistics and use of information technology;
- Complete their literature search and write the Introduction to their thesis.
An option to transfer from the M.Phil. to the Ph.D. program may be exercised at this time.
Final Course Assessment
The final assessment will be in the form of:
- A formal presentation of results and conclusions of the research;
- A thesis to be submitted towards the end of the course. The thesis will be assessed both internally and externally. Oral defense will be required.
Postgraduate Student Award
A Postgraduate Student Award will be awarded to the student with the best publication in the academic year.