- Established in 1984, the Gynaecology Oncology Center of Prince of Wales Hospital has endeavored to prevent and treat gynaecological cancers. We provide comprehensive cancer care and advance gynaecologic-oncology surgeries including robotic surgery.
- Our center is a tertiary referral center located in the New Territories East of Hong Kong and serves a population of 1.4 million
- Our center is an accredited as training center for gynaecologic oncology sub-specialty training by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) as well as by the Hong Kong College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (HKCOG).
- Our center has provided training to local and oversea doctors through exchange programme, workshops, courses and conferences.
- Our center is the teaching unit of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Our center is a research center and had published extensively in international journals.
The Gynaecological Cancer Research Laboratory was set up in 1988. Main areas of research include the study of oncogenes, tumour suppressor genes, and tumour markers in gynaecological cancers. The laboratory collaborates widely in the above research fields with universities in USA, Australia as well as in Mainland China.