What is Fetal DNA Chip V2?
The Fetal DNA Chip testing was first launched in Hong Kong in 2009 by The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is specifically designed to diagnose common micro-deletion / duplication syndromes which would not be detected by conventional karyotype analysis. The version 2 chip now also enable us to diagnose uniparental disomies.
Who will benefit from this test?
- Fetal abnormalities revealed by ultrasound examination
- Positive result of Down’s Syndrome Screening
- Previous baby with congenital abnormalities
- Couples being chromosomal abnormalities carriers
- Unexplained stillbirth
- High risk pregnancies
- Genetic Counseling
- Fetal DNA sampling (via chorionic villus sampling or amniocentesis)
- Fetal DNA Chip testing
- Report (within 7 days)
Note: Our previous web address http://www.fetalmedicine.hk/en/Fetal_DNA_chip.asp is no longer active and replaced by the current address http://www.obg.cuhk.edu.hk/fetal-medicine/fetal-medicine_services/fetal-dna-chip/